Using cheap STM32 eval board with TFT LCD module from ebay
There are a lot of sellers on ebay selling cheaply 320×240 LCDs with touch screen together with a microcontroller board. Usually the development board contains a STM32F103 microcontroller (sometimes different) with or without some additional hardware. As an exemplification one of such sold configuration is:
- 3.2″ TFT LCD Module, 320 * 240 pixels resolution, 26m colors.
- Resistive touch screen, with XPT2046 Controller.
- 4-6 leds
- Twobuttons connected to GPIO lines
- Serial communication interface
- 2 mini-type USB socket, USB to RS232 and USB Device
- 1 Micro SD card connector
- A JTAG / SWD debug interface (20pin)
- RTC battery
- USB Power Supply
This web page not only has some information about how these boards could be used, but also provide some sample code using the LCD and a downloadable virtual image, containing:
- Ubuntu desktop
- ARM toolchain (gcc + newlib)
- Eclipse C++ IDE
- stm32loader.py – for loading code into the board
- openocd – for loading code and debugging
- Example FreeRTOS project with all source code, include LCD+touch drivers and a simple menuing system to get you started quickly
Isn’t that awesome?
For the original article and the link for downloading the virtual image, follow this link.