Unreal Engine marketplace started to release code plug-ins. For start, 5 free plug-ins will assist you in gathering analytics on player data, provide support for REST server communications, allow you to load MODO material .xml files for 3D meshes and more.
The Unreal Material Importer is a plug-in for Unreal Engine 4 that you can use to load MODO material .xml files and apply them to 3D meshes of a game level in the Unreal Engine 4 editor.
If you have a MODO scene, you can export 3D meshes in the form of .fbx files, and materials and textures as .xml files.
You can then apply the exported materials to the .fbx 3D meshes in Unreal Engine, using the Unreal Material Importer plug-in.
SkookumScript’s cutting-edge command console turbocharges your workflow (at any stage of development) by enabling you to query and manipulate any UE4 game as it runs on any platform—without disrupting your existing tools, C++ code or BP graphs. So even if you aren’t looking for a scripting solution now, try our console. You’ll love it. We promise.
Then there’s SkookumScript itself—a text-based, compiled language that is made for games. With key game concepts such as concurrency built-in, SkookumScript empowers the entire team—from light coders to C++ veterans—to create sophisticated gameplay with surprisingly few lines of code. Its addictively useful IDE features live code changes with instant turnaround, context-sharing with the UE4 editor, and remote debugging. It painlessly scales with team size and content, and benevolently bridges between C++ and Blueprints—changes in SkookumScript are reflected live in Blueprint graphs and vice versa. Wow!
Lovingly crafted by veteran game developers, battle-tested on the hit AAA titles “Sleeping Dogs” and “Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition”, and now in use on several upcoming AAA and indie games, SkookumScript fills your game development experience with cackles of megalomaniacal glee. Better coding through mad science!
Understand your players’ in-game behaviour with the free GameAnalytics Plugin.
GameAnalytics collect player data and provides a powerful set of features that enables you to analyse in-game behaviour.
Start your analysis within 5 minutes, with our range of predefined dashboards (Real-time, Acquisition, Engagement, 1st monetizers, Monetization, Progression, Resources).
Track, visualize and evaluate:
• Player progression – Balance your levels and find out where your players struggle;
• In-game economy – Measure what your players are sinking their gold on and more;
• Custom dimensions – Track any relevant interaction with your game;
• Real money transactions with purchases validation – Analyze your validated revenue on all IAP purchases;
• Funnels – Improve your game, by digging into any sequence of events, by any segmentation;
• Error tracking – Investigate the quality of your game;
• and much more…
GameAnalytics makes it easy to assess your game mechanics, design and economy with the reports and tools it provides.
This runtime plugin links to our .libs which find and load our SDK .dlls shipped with Logitech Gaming Software. LGS and the SDK .dlls are responsible for all the work done to communicate to each of the devices. We designed this loading scheme to allow for older versions of our .lib to have support for newer devices by upgrading LGS. This takes the burden off the game developer by shipping a smaller .lib and also ensures future support.
This plugin enables the control of Logitech Gaming products by porting these SDKs to the UE4 engine:
• Logitech|G ARX Control SDK
• Logitech|G LED Illumination SDK
• Logitech|G G-Key Macro SDK
• Logitech|G LCD Gamepanel SDK
• Logitech|G Steering Wheel SDK
VaRest is the plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that makes REST server communications easier to use.
List of Modules:
• VaRestPlugin (Runtime)
• VaRestEditorPlugin (Editor)
List of Features:
• Flexible Http/Https request management with support of different Verbs and Content Types
• No C++ coding required, everything can be managed via blueprints
• Blueprintable FJsonObject wrapper with almost full support of Json features: different types of values, arrays, binary data content, both ways serializarion to FString, etc.
• Blueprintable FJsonValue wrapper – full Json features made for blueprints!
• Both bindable events and latent functions are provided to control the asynchronous requests
Source: Unreal Engine blog.