The Blender Foundation and online developer community are proud to present Blender 2.78, released September 30th 2016! This release aims to be a very stable one, so that developers can focus better on Blender 2.8 work. Here are some of the highlights:
- Spherical Stereo images rendering support for VR
- Grease Pencil is now a full 2D drawing & animation tool!
- Viewport Rendering improvements
- New Freehand curves drawing over surfaces!
- Bendy Bones, powerful new options for B-Bones
- Alembic support: import/export basic operators
- Cloth Physics: new Dynamic Base Mesh and Simulation Speed option
- New Add-ons, individual preferences, Python APIs changes, and a lot of new & updated add-ons!
- Many more features, improvements and the usual huge bug-fixes list.
For the original post and download, go here.