Haxe plugin for Unreal engine is open-sourced
Unreal.hx is a plugin for Unreal Engine 4 that allows you to write code in the Haxe programming language. Haxe is a modern, high-level, type-safe programming language that offers high performance critical for game development.
- Haxe compiles directly to C++, for high runtime performance.
- Full access to the entire Unreal C++ API – including delegates and lambdas.
- Full support for
UCLASScreation, subclassing, and Blueprints.
- Familiar C/Java-style syntax.
- Memory management via garbage collection.
- Strict type safety, with a powerful type inference engine.
- Many modern features such as lambdas/closures, generics, abstract data types (GADT’s), reflection, metadata, and a powerful macro system for language extension.
Follow this link for for the github repository.